ABOUT MEMORY FOR MEMORY
Memory for Memory works to increase the education and awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia through recycling of end of life electronics. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Memory for Memory monetizes recycled electronics to fund charities and services that are specifically focused on finding a cure for, or caring for, those impacted by Alzheimer’s and dementia.
What Does Memory for Memory Do?
Memory for Memory securely recycles unwanted or unused electronics. We turn donated items into revenue that helps find a cure for, and helps those impacted by, Alzheimer’s or dementia. As part of the electronic recycling process, Memory for Memory educates donors about the impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
All donated goods are recycled securely, ethically, and efficiently. By adhering to strict data security protocols, Memory for Memory removes all data and personal information from any data-bearing assets – hard drives, televisions, cell phones, speakers, keyboards, etc. For a list of what we accept, please go to https://www.memoryformemory.org/items-we-accept/
Recycled electronics have value.
Memory for Memory monetizes these electronics and puts the money to work in the Alzheimer’s’ community. All profits generated from the recycling and resale of electronics are donated to fund the continued research, support, and cure of Alzheimer’s and related dementia.
Memory for Memory is a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and is registered with The Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Our Core Values.
Memory for Memory has five core values:
- Safety: The safety of our employees and donors come first.
- Security: Data is an asset, and we protect those who use our service.
- Service: We not only provide a service, but we give back to the local and national community.
- Gratitude: We are grateful for the work we can perform on behalf of our clients.
- Honesty: Words, actions, and deeds.
- Alzheimer’s Education and Awareness– Businesses, organizations, and individuals donating items are educated on the impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia issues and what they can do to help.
- Recycling – Accepting electronics to refurbish and resell as a whole, or to sell as parts. Proceeds from recycled electronics go directly to Alzheimer’s and dementia programs and services.
- Volunteer Services– We welcome volunteers to help with clearing data and recycling/refurbishing electronics.